Wednesday, September 09, 2009

2009 NFL Storylines To Watch - Fate Of The Young Coach

Evil

Eric Mangini got his first NFL head coaching job when he was 35. At the time, that made him the youngest head coach in the league. Earlier this year, Josh McDaniels further pushed the limit when he became the Broncos' head coach. He was only 32 at the time.

The fate of young NFL coaches is a storyline to watch this season. I am actively rooting hard against both these guys. Not because they are both immature douches (which they are), but because young people who achieve things makes me feel bad about myself. So if these guys end up falling flat on their faces, my ego will somehow be soothed by it.

Luckily for me, both these guys seem to be disasters. Josh McDaniel, in his first official duty as a head coach, drove his quarterback (Jay Cutler) out of town. Smooth move, a-hole. He's now feuding with his best receiver, Brandon Marshall. It would not surprise me if this guy gets canned before week 8.

Eric Mangini has already made me feel a little better about myself because he's already gotten canned once. YAH! But he someone got another head coaching gig right away. Still, he's generally viewed as a task-master a-hole and universally hated by his players. Hey Eric Mangini, I have a tip for you: if you want to be taken seriously as a task master, maybe you can show enough self control not to eat a dozen donuts for breakfast. (See pic above.) All these task-master coaches who cant muster the energy to run 400 meters are all frauds. It also wouldnt surprise me if this guy gets canned before week 8.

Hopefully, these two guys' failures will put an end to this young coaches trend so that my ego can rebound a bit.