Monday, August 18, 2008

Stuck in an internet funk


Sitting here at home tonight, I was browsing around on the internet while watching the evening news on DVR. I quickly got bored, however, so I read some of the Economist (I suggest skipping straight to the feature obit this week), and then I got bored again, so I browsed online some more. Soon I was bored again, so I did some sit-ups (bought my ambitiously sized wedding suit yesterday), and then was bored again - so I came back to my computer - and realized I've completely forgot how to have fun/adventure/curiosity surfing the net. I have a total of about 6 sites that I seem to check again and again throughout the day - and when I don't find anything new - I get bored. There was a time when the internet was limitless - when I could never get bored. Where did that internet go? How do I find it? Does anyone else feel trapped or am I the only one mired in a mindless recursive program of the same damn sites (drudge, gothamist, curbed, eater, fark, perez, The Hose - repeat). Does anyone have any great jumping off sites to recommend? Does this make me boring?


Maybe KillerB2 and I should just have a baby. That would presumably solve my free time problems, but might not be the best reason to start a family.


(according to the internet, this is an image of the internet - presumably the part of the internet I don't know how to find)