Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Outdated Movie Review: Stardust



Last summer, on an idle Sunday I invited Le Troisieme to watch a movie. He objected to watching Stardust with me because watching the "most romantic movie of the summer" (according to NY Times) with xTian was just going too far.

Instead he went by himself. Further, I never got around to watching it, even though it had everything I would like. It was based on a short story by Neil Gaiman. The film had just the sort of Princess Bride sensibility to it that I knew I would really enjoy.

Well, I just watched it. It was awesome and Trois was right, it would have been really gay for us to watch it together.

I would say Claire Danes was radiant in a strange way as the star fallen from the sky. Robert De Niro as the Lightening pirate, Captain Shakespeare amused me.

Add it to your Netflix queue. You will enjoy it...

Thanks