Thursday, August 07, 2008

Somewhat Surprised By This

Evil

R and I have never talked on the phone. All of our communications have been via texting, IM on Gmail, IM on Facebook, and Superpoke on Facebook. I don't particularly like to talk on the phone and seems like she is OK without it as well.

On Facebook, R has a wacky online persona. She's very active with the status message updates. It's usually something about drinking a bowl of vodka or wanting to punch someone or participating in a pie eating contest. And in real life, she's also wacky. She likes to make faces. She likes to make fun of people. She'll do this thing where she hugs me and then as I hug back, she'll make herself limp and squirm to the floor. That little trick amuses her to no end.

Although I've been finding out that R is surprisingly... not sure what is the right word. I want to say "withdrawn," but that's not it. I want to say "sensitive," but that's not it either. She's got a serious side to her that I hadn't expected.

She's been a little sad lately because her dog just had surgery. The dog is 13 years old, so it's been with her through her formative years. The dog lives at home (New Jersey) with her parents. She's going home to take the dog for the weekend, since her mom will be away in Japan and her dad is not good at looking after the dog. She also said she'd stay with her dad for a bit and cook him various things to eat just to make sure he's doing ok while her mom is away. That's some serious stuff. Sweet.