Friday, August 29, 2008

My friends.....

I really enjoyed watching the Democrats this week. Not because I'm a Democrat necessarily (I'm registered Independent), but because it just seemed like fun, and the news anchors were such a mess (well documented on The Hose), and Ben Affleck won his poker tournament in Denver. All in all a good week.

Unfortunately I'm not really looking forward to the Republican convention as much. Not because I particularly dislike them (they've got Arnold Schwarzenegger after all!) or McCain in particular, but just because. It's been that "just because" that I've had a hard time figuring out the past couple of months, but I realized what it is today. KillerB2 and I have talked about it before, but just today I realized how much it drives me nuts - McCains use of "My friends" to start his sentences. I hate it. I hate the delivery. I hate the linguistic crutch.

If Condescension and Insincerity met at a bar one night, got drunk, and had unprotected sex, their lovechild would come out as an audio recording of John McCain saying "my friends."

I can't be the only one who feels this way?