Monday, March 10, 2008

What's The Plan, Stan?

Evil

According to The Mystery Method, an accomplished pickup artist should be able to "close the deal" with about 7 total hours of interaction with a girl. That could be over any number of dates... one long 7-hour date (unlikely) or plenty of short 1-hour interactions (unlikely too). The reality is probably somewhere in between, but the real point is that it takes a certain amount of time for a girl to become comfortable enough with a guy to be accepting of him.

Since I have an engineering background, these numerical guidelines resonate well with me. But this specific 7-hour thing has me a little flummoxed. You see, I feel as though I only have about 4 hours of good material in me. Don't get me wrong, the first 4 hours of material includes some pretty spectacular stuff. You should see me on first dates -- I tell interesting stories, I listen, I read body language, I can get a girl to initiate casual physical contact.

At around the 4 hour mark, I start to get a little nervous. My material is not as tested. Sometimes not tested at all. And if you've ever seen me ad lib with XTIAN, you know it can be hit or miss. It's hard for me to accept the fact that I don't have much more than 4 hours of interesting material. It's a fact about me that I don't particularly like. After all, I'm over 30 years old. You'd think that I'd have more good stories to tell.