Sunday, March 09, 2008

Making New Friends

I made a new friend this week. About a month ago, Evil and I went trolling for chicks when we ended up at a bar at the lower east side with a large group of people we did not know. After some drinking and an abortive attempt at Jenga, a very tall, very attractive woman spilled wine all over me and my sweater. While I was bloching it out in the restroom. Evil came up and suggested we use this opportunity to leave and find beef patties.

A few days later, I got an email from this woman apologizing profusely and offering to buy me a sweater. I resisted initially then finally relented. Over the course of our emailing, we started sharing our hopes and fears and generally bonding in a legimate way....

After some missed attempts we had lunch this past Friday. A three hour lunch, it was great. She dressed like Lilly Van der Wootsen as an homage to our favorite show, Gossip Girl. I dressed like a guy who has a lot of sex. That's how I always dress. Initially, she brought a friend, as a body guard I suppose. But within twenty minutes she excused herself, once she realized the coast was clear. I got my sweater too. It's great, I'm wearing it now.

I like her, she's funny. Also she finds me charming. New friends! top that

I have recounted this story a few times without any irony. Some think she is into me, some think she is strange, others wonder if I like her.

Honestly, it's none of these...except maybe that we are both weird. I mean we were both really excited about having lunch with someone we did not know. I think it was just a great lunch...that stuff happens all the time...it does to me anyway...