Sunday, March 02, 2008

Hoboken St. Patrick's Day



10am in Hoboken on the first Saturday of march is when the drinking start. The City of Hoboken has a small parade to honor St. Patrick that seems to start around 9:30. Then the families take cover and the town gets invaded by wave after of wave of mid-twenty somethings looking for a bender. Everyone seems to be from a big ten school btw. No one can tell me why.

Like everyone, I like a good pub crawl but this stuff is out of control. I mean what the hell?
- First, I went to meet some mates at a bar. They tried to charge me a twenty dollar cover and also made me stand in line for 30 minutes....for a pub..in hoboken???!!? what?
- Walking down Washington, some dude gets tossed out of a bar and hits the ground hard. I reach down to give him a hand up, he refuses rather violently. I let him fall...screw him...
- On the path into the City, I watched a guy open some chewing tobacco and stick it in his mouth, he had no cup to catch the refuse. He just spit it on the ground.

Are you kidding me?

Glad that's over...come on people