Sunday, March 09, 2008

Do I look like this guy?

Do you guys think I look like this guy?

I'll tell you why I ask. I was at L' Express on Friday hanging out, waiting for a friend. As I stepped outside to make a phone call I saw a table of men point at me. I thought that a bit odd, but not that outlandish. Maybe he was just into my glasses. That happens to me quite a bit.

When I returned the guy ran up and asked if I was on the Colbert Report the night prior..."you're that writer right?"

I admitted I was not and hand no idea what he was talking about, but I was intrigued. Yesterday I hit the colbert report website
and noticed that the guest all night on thursday was john legend...what a blowhard...we get it, you went to penn and you have opinions. Stop troubling us with them.

Anyway, he could not have been referring to John. I've stood next to him. He's much shorter than me. But on Wednesday, the author of "Mongrels, Orphans and Vagabonds..." was on the show.

Was this a racist question? Should I be offended? Or do I actually look like this guy?