Friday, March 21, 2008

Interesting (or not)

A few weeks ago, I noticed Evil went to drinks with a TA we shared. I thought nothing of it. It took me a while to remember the TA and once I did, I remembered that I thought he we was a self hating Latino.

Later, I noticed that Evil started an email correspondence with with another Latino from our University days, a guy I sort of liked. In fact I did not cut him off for quite some time. I remember exactly when I did though. Kentak3 and I went to dinner with him and about 1/3 of the way through, no one had anything to say. My brother, not comfortable with silence, pulled out a deck of cards and shuffled...for what felt like an eternity, but was at most an hour. Kentak3 and I agreed this was not a good use of our time and stopped meeting up with this cat for dinner.

This week, Evil got all these people in an email chain along with me and another fellow, who's claim to fame was sitting in a computer lab eating bags of chips till he fell asleep at a terminal.

It seems Evil is trying to get together a crew of CS people we went to college with. The question is, why? What is his game? I don't think he's spoken to any of these people since University. I once bore witness to Evil assuming the persona of a wrestler the Hurricane and infuriating a former coworker who he had not spoken to in several years. What drama is he hoping to create?

I have a theory. I think for possibly the first time in his life, my brother is comfortable in his own skin. It's true and I'm happy for him. The question that remains is - what are the implications? What am I being invited along to bear witness to? Maybe I'm just a prop? Here's the worst case scenario, as near as I can figure it:

Evil shows up to dinner, at say Kobe Club, in a Ferragamo tie and his transition lens and rubbing his success in everyone's face.

"Oh, you're still programming? Why hasn't someone like xtian figured out how to outsource you to India yet?" He will ask while staring at his well manicured nails.

I shudder at the thought.

I wonder how long this will go on? Who else will fall prey? PDM? JoDo? I swear to god Evil, if I find myself at a dinner party sitting across from Jizzy Bae, you and I will have problems.

At what point do we switch gears and start focusing on the cute two cute girls who majored in CS - the one with the good feet and the one with the nice smile. Call me for that party.