Sunday, August 26, 2007

Unexpected Genius

Evil

Chalk it up to life's little surprises... My neighborhood supermarket is Gristede's. I don't go there often, at least not for big shopping trips. But once in a while, I'll need a lot of stuff -- heavy stuff -- like canned tomatoes and a 24 pack of bottled waters and groceries in general. Yesterday was one of those days. I rolled up to the checkout line with a full shopping cart. The checkout woman asked, "Delivery?" and I said "Yes." The delivery guy was standing right there. He's a well-built, very dark Caribbean guy. He goes, "Ok, I got it." And I was like, "You need my address, right?" But he said, "No, I got it. You're 14B. I know where it is."

And sure enough, he shows up at my building, my apartment with the groceries. This is probably the 2nd time he's delivered to my apartment. How did he remember?! Is he secretly a genius?