Thursday, August 02, 2007

bated breathe

It started over a week ago...I had just joined Facebook and did not know what to do so i just started looking around. Not knowing what to do I took the opportunity to "poke" several people.

One person poked back! I poked her back. She poked me back...after some of this she sent me a message

"Do I know you? Why are you poking me?" but in an engaged way.

and she was cute and she was interesting and well read and smart and pretty and from the south so when I read her messages I imagined reese witherspoon voice overs. It was great we would talk books and the world and life...loved it. Then she stopped writing. I was mad with anticipation. What would happen next? Did that last joke come off wrong? What do I do now?

After a few days I was having dinner with my old roommate. The book, The Omnivore's Dilemma came up...and i quickly shot her a message asking if she had read it...she had and quickly gave me a recap then admitted she had to run back to work (at 1152 pm?)

How do i get her to a bar?