Sunday, August 05, 2007

Evil Hopes His Luck Improves

Evil

Friday morning. I was glad to be headed home. Not that the California weather wasn't great, but it always feels like to be headed home, right? 12:15pm flight. I was sitting at the terminal and at about 12:10pm, the woman gets on the speaker and says that we got pushed back to 2:15pm. Two hour delay! Argh. I pull out my laptop and wireless card and spend the next hour tooling around on IM. I spend the following hour drinking at the airport bar. 2:15pm comes and we're actually on our way. Going home! Wooo!

Somewhere over Michigan, the pilot comes on and says that we've been re-routed. Instead of flying in from the north (through Canadian airspace), we need to take a longer route... down to Virginia and then back up. This will add an hour an a half to our flight. Booo!

Once we actually get to the Virginia area, the pilot comes on again and says that JFK is closed due to some storms in the area. He also announces that the plane is out of fuel. Booo! So we make an emergency landing in Atlantic City. It takes about 45 minutes to re-fuel the plane and then we wait another hour or so for the storm to blow out of JFK.

All in all, I got home at 3am Saturday morning.

Got out of bed at 10am Satuday. Respectable, right? I was running some errands and while at the bank, I dropped my iPhone and completely broke the glass. Booo!


What now?