Friday, August 24, 2007

Date or Die: Death by a Million (electronic) Paper Cuts

On 8/22/07, APR wrote:

hi xTian,

i'm sorry, but i don't think we're a good fit. i think you're a great person, and i enjoyed spending time with you. i wish you all the best.

APR

ON 8/23, xTian wrote:

that's too bad. I really enjoyed our conversations.

Can I ask a small favor? if you see me on the street please feel comfortable enough to say hello. It will be non-awkward I promise

:-)

take care

xTian


But I lied, it will most assuredly be awkward...I may even stub her toe...or, more likely, lick her face and run away.

This however was not the coldest rejection I ever received over email. Note this from 2 years ago. from a girl I sort of messed around with once in a club and the emails we exchanged after that were initially about making a plan to hang out but ended like this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know...I can't tell if you are insulting and complimenting me at the same time.

I feel the same way when we are together, which may be the reason why I am not too keen on the idea of us hanging out.

I am sorry. Can we just chalk it up to having conflicting personalities and leave it at that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep these things....and think about them