Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Trip to Maine with the Evil Twins and the Balls Family




On 8/7/07, xTian wrote:
So I had a great time this past weekend. I'll admit I was scared sh*tless when we got in the car and you started yelling at me. I was like "oh crap. This whole weekend is going to be me getting yelled at by ET1? Plus, I forgot to bring my checkbook and I owe ET2 for the flight"

Why were you yelling at me again? I forget...I do remember that ET2 AND EVIL knew you would be pissy with me and did not warn me so I could deal with it in the appropriate way.
On 8/7/07, ET #1 wrote:
I was yelling at you because you had not responded to any of my emails the week before.

On 8/7/07, xTian wrote:

This is the start of our process homey. Reply again but be more expansive. tell me about being sick the week before and you know if you encountered any issues picking up the car or what you did while you waited for our plane to take off an land...that sort of thing

On 8/7/07, ET #1 wrote:

Maybe we should back up this tale to two weeks ago. You send this enigmatic e-mail to the Lobsterfest posse: whats the deal with lobsterfest? can i show up and crash with et#2 and et#1?

I replied that of course you could crash with us, but if you want your own bed could please call the B&B to see if they have cots. I give you the name of the place and the website to expedite things. You reply that was too much work, and then proceed to send out a mass email lamenting you have no where to stay when we get up there. Mahoney takes charge and finds room for you.

Then you complain you don't know how you will get there. So I email that you can ride with us. I also say please email back if you need the ride because then I will upgrade from the original economy car we were going to get and to also tell me where you are flying into so I know if I am picking you up from Boston or Portland. Once again no reply. Instead now I get an email from ET#2 that she bought your ticket.

Actually the only email you ever sent back to me was the one saying that you brought music for the ride. So I told Evil and ET#2 that you were a lazy SOB.

On 8/7/07, xTian wrote:
ET #1

I see. That's a pretty scathing indictment. I'm not sure what to say. Other than to remind you that as a man its my prerogative to be uncommunicative and that I'm very sorry.
Besides, Balls independently committed to me that this was all an non-issue and that we could make it work. I was not worried. Further, your pro activity in securing a larger car made the whole ride much more pleasant...

Also I am very happy that you can be bought off with colorful Malaysian desserts. That dinner at that restaurant was pretty good. I had a great time.

I was also really excited you liked Jenny Owen Youngs...she rocks doesn't she. I don't care that ET #2 got annoyed that I kept playing her album over and over. It's what I do.

You're not as bad a driver as advertised. Aside from not being aware of the invention of the "one way" you are super serviceable...

On 8/7/07, ET #1 wrote:
Thanks, Xtian. Besides my family, you may be the only person on the world that would not put me under the Asian woman driving stereotype.

I am slightly confused with you invoking "manly prerogatives," considering all the decidedly unmanly comments of the weekend: "Jem, truly outrageous," "I am a B&B guy," and your love of emotive women folk singers.

Gosh, we really did talk a lot about feelings on the drive up to Maine. Didn't feel like three sorority sisters on spring break?

On 8/7/07, xTian wrote:

et tu, ET #1?

As "sorority sisters" you have to do your part to keep up the facade that I perpetuate that I am all man....

J.O.Y. is awesome in concert. Yes her songs are emotive but she also makes BJ jokes all the way and generally shows up drunk. For her last show (at Joe’s pub) she showed up dressed like a boxer with a dude banging on bagpipes and a ring card girl in a little bikini and everything. It was awesome...

Moving on, that lobster was great. I don't know if it was obvious but I am not in the habit of working for my food. Grapes with seeds etc...Who needs it. But I really enjoyed the whole energy around cracking lobsters and what not. Did you see me hit sherry with all that lobster meat? It was so much fun. That picture of you and I revving up to eat lobsters is awesome.

Also, Jem is truly outrageous.

On 8/7/07, ET #1 wrote:

Aren't you glad you coordinated outfits with Balls before you came? The blue blazer might have gotten in the way and drenched in lobster juice and melted butter. But your sexy black t-shirt was able to stretch and move with your Herculean motions to crack the lobster shells.

There was a lot of exercising this weekend. First and foremost we did exercise our jaw muscles and our digestive tracts with the massive amounts of carnie food. Then there was all that walking around the faire, climbing walls, running 10ks, winning whack-a-mole. Oh wait that was me.

The one activity we all did was people watching. What did you think about typical New Englanders? Not counting the crazy Chinese doctor woman.


On 8/7/07, xTian wrote:
I have no clue about a lot of things. One of the things I have no clue about is the variance of people in New England. I understand Balls and his family, but there is even variance in that. I have only been to Nantucket (Brahman style) and Boston (preppie white boy style) so who knew I could go to Maine and see down home folk. So I would have thought a blue blazer appropriate. What do we when we get to the country club? Should I bring my tennis racket?

I like down home folk...except for the ones missing teeth. They scare me.

What was up with that B&B owner. She was weird. "I am from Philadelphia" she said with no irony whatsoever. Even as she pronounced spelled and spoke with a British accent. Wierdo...



On 8/8/07, ET #1 wrote:

Never really got to talk to her. I asked her for a banana in the morning and she seemed extremely annoyed. S and V told me that she was kind of a sour person, except when you and Mrs. Mahoney were chatting her up.

But the weather was too nice that morning to let an encounter with any weird pseudo British woman ruin it. The sun was shining and it was 75 degrees outside, and yummy Moody's diner in our tummy. We even cracked open a new driving mix cd for the ride home.

Were you conscious for any of that ride back?


On 8/8/07, xTian wrote:


Barely. I got a call from a friend who wanted to talk and I just was no game. I asked the same question 3-4 times.

Later I emailed her and apologized. She admitted she thought I was high and cut it short. Maybe I was...but on shellfish...ew