Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I wholeheartedly agree with Xtian's rant concerning TV characters who just get too f**king lucky. Its screws up our youth.
Do you remember when Saved By the Bell's Zach - a moron who couldn't even think of clever schemes to avoid detention or that horny psycopath Screech- got a near perfect SAT score and was recruiruited by Harvard? Godamn Harvard, people. Zach Morris would not even be capable of handling ITT Tech.
I blame shows like this for scewing my vision of reality and contributing to my breakdown when I ate ding-dongs, watched the Nanny, and played foosball during senior year instead of studying and was then rejected by Harvard. "Zach got in - so why can't I?"
I'm so sick of situations working out for TV characters. Although I love them, I kind've want to see them suffer [is that normal?]

However, I disagree with you XTian concerning Kelly. I want to see more of 90210 Kelly Taylors -- pretty girls who get shot at, burned, robbed, abused, kidnapped, cheated on 18 times, in addition to getting drawn into a cult by lesbians [Dec. Season five]. Now that's refreshing and entertaining.