Monday, June 01, 2009

Oh Snap!

Evil

I walked into the Staples on 81st and Broadway this morning because I needed to buy index cards to make flash cards.

The ground floor is all copiers and copy services, so I head right up to the 2nd floor. An overly-eager sales associate is standing on the stairs. Since I'm listening to my iPod, he shouts at me, "Do you need help?" I ignore him because I am listening to my iPod mostly so I can avoid talking to people. He stares me down and shouts again, "Do you need help?" I give him a dirty look and mumble "No."

I reach the 2nd floor and realize it's all electronic stuff, like digital cameras, printers, etc. Index cards wouldn't be here. I proceed up to the 3rd floor. Shit! It's all office chairs up there. Where are the index cards.

I start heading back down the stairs and run into the overly-eager sales associate. He looks at me, flashes a slanty smile, and says, "Do you need help now?"

Oh snap!