Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Manolo Has A Dream

I went to an inner city high school in the means streets of Queens, NYC so at a very young age I learned to be sensitive to the fact that other people were inferior to me. When I graduated, I knew I wasn’t going to see many of them ever again except at the McDonalds or at the pharmacy around the corner. In fact, except for 5-6 individuals, I have not kept in touch with any of the 368 people in my graduating high school class.

More...15 years later, and because of the Facebook phenomenon, I seem to be getting in touch with some of them. In fact, I have about 20 pending friend requests from high school. I honestly don’t remember or recognize many of them…and I can’t use my yearbook for reference because I seem to have misplaced it.

Of course, all these people know me…How can they not want to be friends with me? I was super popular…In fact, I am in almost in every page of the yearbook (student council president, senior class council, baseball team, track and field, volleyball, soccer, bowling, Latino club, etc…) I think the only teams/clubs that I was not part of were gymnastics and wrestling (aversion to tights and men groping me unlike Killer B #1). Oh…and basketball…made up of black dudes from Queensbridge except for Big Mike, the 6-6 foot Caucasian secret weapon. And the Asian club because, well, I just hated Asians….

Anyway, I guess all these pending Facebook requests filtered into my subconscious because I had a dream about it. I seemed to be attending some sort of high school reunion; only thing is no one knew me. They couldn’t find my name on the list and wouldn’t let me in. When they turned their backs for a second, I sneaked in. I went to every person I recognized but they didn’t know who I was. I tried to introduce myself to every single table but all I got was the cold shoulder…

A normal person could use the Google thing on the Interweb to look up my dream and interpret what it means but that is too much work…I guess I will just post to the Hose and see what comes back...

Sincerely,

Slightly rejected in Miami…