Monday, November 26, 2007

India Update

Evil

Still in India. Still have a full month left here. I wanna go home! Waaaah!

OK, it's not that bad. India is beautiful actually. And I think I've got some excellent photos. My (ex) co-workers bought me a digital SLR as a going away present (how awesome of them!) so my pictures wouldn't turn out crappy. One of the guys said, "this camera will instantly make you a 2x better photographer." And he's right!

In Pushkar today. I went down to the lake where they do the prayers and this dude taught me how to say a prayer (for a donation, of course). He had a really effective sales strategy. His best line was, "This is for karma. Money is just paper. Money comes and goes." It's true. For a small fee, he taught me a prayer and gave me some flowers to throw into the lake. Then he tied a yellow and red string on my right wrist and also put a red mark on my forehead. At the end he asked me if i felt peaceful and I said Yes.

On a different topic: Is there resolution on the New Years Eve party topic? Is KenTak and Mamacita hosting or what???