Friday, July 20, 2007

Unemployed - Last Day

I've received a few offline requests looking for an update on how unemployment is going. Sadly, today is the last day I can officially report on this topic.
Booo....!

In summary: it's hasn't been all that.
Double boooo...!

I've tried to wake up each morning at 6:30 AM along with others-in-the-household-en-route-to the-office, but end up joining Bruno on the couch for morning naptime shortly thereafter. Yawn! There have been a few visits by the FedEx man delivering online goods, including a fancy recycling can for the apartment, wine and spirits of sorts, and some eyeshadow from eBay. There have been consistent cocktails in the early afternoons, and I've stumbled among several nannies with strollers around Park Slope while logging a few miles each day. I have developed a new affection for Beef Jerky and have read thirteen books.

However, there has been no one to talk to by the water cooler and minimal Internet surfing. I've nearly forgotten how to type!

So, for all the people who complain about our jobs and yearn for some time off... don't be fooled! I'm looking forward rejoining our capitalist structure on Monday in pursuit of the American Dream again. Weee!