Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Unemployed - Day 3

Today I am in hiding.

Why, you ask? Well, yesterday I posted a bunch of furniture for sale on Craig's list and now my phone will not stop ringing. For someone who doesn't really like to yap yap yap on the phone all that much, this is bothersome. And Craig's list is strange - people call right away and ask is the item is still available?, can I pick it up tomorrow afternoon?, I need to borrow a car from my brother on Saturday, etc.

But time passes... people don't show up, or call again, and never come to get the item. This has been independently confirmed by the neighbors downstairs - the same thing happened to them. It's a mystery.

It's only 8:46 and I have already gotten 4 calls for today, plus about 20 from yesterday. KenTak3 has advised that I should respond to the calls in the order that they were received, so I organized a spreadsheet with name, phone number, time of call or email, item, and yay/nay of interest. This is stretching the capabilities of my home computer.

If anyone plans on calling me shortly, I would advise against it otherwise I will confuse you with prospective buyers, and you might end up mixed in the spreadsheet. Please just come over yourself with a pick-up truck and end this madness.