Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Manolo Wishes Himself A Happy Anniversary!!!

Here at the Hose we do not just celebrate America's b-day. We celebrate Manolo's addition to the greatest country on earth...

You see, it was 18 years ago today that Manolo came to this country...July 4, 1989. I remember it like it was yesterday...I was 12 years old with a baseball glove in one hand and a piece of tried and true American apple pie on the other (I had flown first class and I had not eaten my dessert).

I won't admit that I was stupid enough to believe that the Macy's fireworks going on that night were for me but it did feel nice. I guess the only drawback was my stay at Ellis Island while my TB cleared up...

Anyway, I am not familiar with immigration law but I think being 18 makes me legal. I think that means no one can call INS on me anymore. I believe that the rules state that America has to make me an honorary citizen. As long as I don't get drafted, we are cool...

Happy Anniversary Manolo!!! You are the best!!! America Loves You!!!