Monday, July 09, 2007

Unemployed - Day 1

I'm now officially in-between jobs, which means that I get to spend the next 2 weeks in complete freedom, embracing recklessness, and without responsibility to anyone. I thought I would check in from time to time with some daily accomplishments.

Today I have done some laundry and am now having a grapefruit vodka cocktail. The vodka was purchased in Duty Free at the Cancun airport two weeks ago. It was only $12.99 USD, but it's great!! I might go for a run later, although it's 100 degrees outside and there is a really good article in TimeOut magazine outlining the fact that running in poor weather conditions and smog actually has negative effects on your body. What a pain! Going through all that trouble for reverse exercise! By the way, if you've clicked on the link above you'll notice there is an advert for Restaurant Week coming up shortly. If people tell me their preferences, I'll make some reservations. But it's NOT in honor of X-Tian's birthday because he gets all fussy boots about that!

Bruno has been sleeping all day, and has recently moved from the couch to a pile of warm laundry on the floor. What a life he has!

I hope these next two weeks do not fly by too quickly.