Friday, July 06, 2007

Stale Crackers

Two weeks ago the crack pack had a big reunion. I am reasonably sure this is the first time we have had a quarum since the last time someone stole a large potted plant from the steps at columbia university. Everyone was there except for Miguel, who apparently hates everyone. But that's fine because we all still love Miguel

We were there for Taylor's wedding. I am happy for him because I think he might have married the prettiest girl ever. I mean like seriously. I was floored. Apparently I went to University with her and she claims she remembers me but I was apparently too busy messing with weed and hitting on indian chicks.

We managed to regress and act like the lovable chumps we were at University. There were a series of bets about and around the wedding which I might have won. Questions ranged from "how many brides maids will there be?" to "is taylor's little sister actually not now that she's 19 instead of 12?". At the end of the night in a drunken stupor we did actually debate what a SHOCKER was, with shouting, and hand gestures and rhymes and ending with us being asked to excuse ourselves from a bar.

But things are different. Things are wierd now. Sparkes for example has a baby. What the hell? I'm too young to be a cool uncle. In lieu of naming me godfather the heathen has named me Uncle in charge of Pop Culture and Cool Music. I feel that affords me a certain cache but like most things I am not going all the way on this front. If I did, i would be doing A&R at a record label. I could have a lot of tattooes and one cool leather jacket...

Others are getting married, others are married. Dr. Orgy, bless his heart is married with a mortgage and a private practice. When did that happen? Wasn't it just two short years ago that Orgy and I went thru this!

Wow...i feel like something dramatic needs to happen but I'm not sure what.

Later, I came home and the Last Kiss starring Zach Braff and Summer Roberts was in my mailbox from netflix. I watched it and wondered if I was a chubbier version of the slacker/bartender/waster...