Monday, November 07, 2005

xTian's Gay Moment of the Month



Was at a club two weekends ago,checking in on some cool local bands, One was called Lolita Bra, there was one called Looker and the last was called Hopewell. I liked Hopewell the least, although they won me over when they did what was an incredibly rocking cover of Moonage DayDream (sidebar: is there a better opening line than "I'm the aligator!")

Anyway, during the Hopewell show TV's Vinny Chase walked in. That's right I was rubbing elbows with Adrian Grenier. Literally...i'll explain.

After the show, I was quick to point to Steph that Vinny Chase was there.

"who's that?" she said and she walked over and started hanging out with the band. Hot chicks can always do that...I was of course shrieking like a girl that my current big boy crush was 2 ft from me. I mean dude, imagine being in this guy's entourage. he must be turning down tang left and right. I could be turtle I could drive the car. Sure...

After much internal debate I rolled over there. There was music playing, so I grabbed him by the elbow, leaned in and was like "Adrian, I'm a huge fan". He was staring at my hand (on his elbow) the whole time. Then he looks up and says "thanks". I was suddenly mortified. I mean how gay is that? I took several steps back and came up behind Steph and grabbed her in a very masculine way, not that I'm dating her or anything, I just wanted to remind people i was not gay. Where people is mostly me. Steph, was used to this, as I had pulled this act a few weeks ago when we happened into a very gay bar.