Sunday, November 20, 2005

Evil or just Ill-Mannered???

A friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) is clearly ill-mannered. Towards the end of last week we all agreed we would congratulate Mr. Shoulder's personal and professional success by visiting his elaborate apartment in Hoboken. Mr. Shoulder's very eager to entertain proposed catering a lunch while we watched football and discussed our lives.

I was eager to see how Mr. Shoulders was making out. Kentak was also receptive...our unnamed friend not only matched our enthusiasm but surpassed it. Sunday approached and I secured a ride for my friend and myself from kentak. However, when I phoned him to ask after his status, the nameless one was quick to answer the phone but slow to provide a meaningful answer as why he was not joining us. I am somewhat used to this behaviour so I let it go. However, in the car, kentak recieves a call from Mr. Shoulders asking after us to make sure we did not get lost between the tunnel and Hoboken. It was clear that he was ordering food for several people and I had to alert him to the change in plans. Mr. Shoulders ever a good host was surprised but dide not communicate disappointment. Instead I hung up and rung Evil.

"[Evil], don't you think its appropriate to phone Mr Shoulders, apologize for not being able to join us and remind him to order less food."

"oh...yeah"

"I told him you weren't coming but you should still phone"

"why, you already told him?"

I decided it was time to give up....