Thursday, January 17, 2008

Of Sound Mind and Body...

Evil

If you're one of those people who think I spend my entire day playing Guitar Hero and watching the Discovery Channel, you'd be wrong. I only spend 90% of my day doing that. With the remaining 10%, I've resolved to work on certain errands and projects that I've delayed for way too long.

A couple of recent accomplishments include: finally buying window blinds so my neighbors are not constantly looking at my naked self, and getting some art stretched, framed, and hanged in the apartment.

My "To Do" list still includes writing an official last will and testament. But as I was starting it, I quickly came to a critical decision point that stopped my progress in its tracks. It's regarding the "treatment of body" after death, i.e., should I be buried, cremated, cremated and then buried, or cremated and then have my ashes housed in a temple? I've never thought about this until now and I'm not sure what to make of it.

My parents are going to be cremated and have their ashes housed in a temple, but that's to be expected since they're Buddhists. But for someone like me, whose only experience with buddha involves emptying out the contents of a cigar, the temple option seems irrelevant. But I still can't decide among the other three options. I need to finish this last will and testament soon, lest I lose all interest and go on to something else.

Any suggestions? Should we put this to a vote? Leave any suggestions in the comments section. Thanks!