Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's An Unsafe, Unsafe World

Evil


Just read this posted by one of my FB friends:

Can you please help me find a home for Blackie, a 2-3 year old male cat who has been living in our backyard? He has an awesome personality, and is very lovable. Blackie adores being petted and held. Clearly he once lived with people, and would really appreciate a warm home. We have taken Blackie to the vet, and he's been neutered and received all of his shots. The only challenge is that Blackie is FIV positive, so he can't live in a house with other cats. Nonetheless, with proper nutrition, Blackie can live a healthy, long life. Ping or call if you would like to know more about this sweet boy.

I read that and was like... FIV positive? What is that?! Then I looked it up. Feline AIDS? Whoa, mind blowing. I never knew such a thing existed. It's an unsafe world, y'all. Why can't we go back to the late 60s and early 70s?