Sunday, November 09, 2008

Overheard In New York

Evil

Overheard on the 2 train, headed downtown. Two women are talking. Typical mid-to-late 30's New Yorkers. They're talking about boyfriends, dating, past relationships. And one says to the other:

"You are intimidatingly smart."

The other replies:

"I know!!!"

And on top of that she adds:

"I once dating a guy who went to Harvard who told me I was too smart. Harvard! HARVARD!"

Listen lady, I don't know how smart you are. You're probably pretty smart. But you have neither modestly nor self awareness nor social intelligence. You're pushing 40. You need to spend some more time on the treadmill. The number one thing keeping you from finding a man is not that you're too smart. Men do care about intelligence, but that is like #11 on the list of priorities.