Friday, October 05, 2007

Date or Die is Dead: ET2 and the BF

ET’s BF and I had a pretty intense conversation over email last week. We had both been invited to a party and I was interested in going so I sent him an email

Are you going to this?

Yes I think so…would you like to do something before?

Yes I would. I think we should.

Great.

I just spoke to ET2, she says you have dinner plans.

Yes, she just told me that too…it slipped my mind…want to come?

No…

In the end, the girl and I went to Tamarind, while ET2 and her BF went to Bolo right up the street…

I had already remarked to ET2 that I thought the BF was asking me out on a man date and apparently when she told this to BF he got very self conscious.

“I am totally going to come on to him when I see him Saturday I said”

I even told the girl, concerned that early in our situation she would see me rubbing up on a dude…”I am certain you are not gay” she replied…what a good sport.

At the party, the girl and I commiserated on a couch, tired from an already rough weekend…when they arrived. I gave the BF a big hug…he flinched slightly. Then I invited him to get a drink with me.

At the bar I rubbed his shoulder as I asked what happened to our dinner plans. His reply “We planned one thing and then something else happened” hinted at something that he might not have intended to hint at. When his change came back his hands were full with drinks. When I grabbed the change and endeavored to stuff it in his pocket. He jumped about a foot in the air…this was too easy…it was not fun.

I did run back and tell ET2 and the girl about my aggressive move…The girl’s laugh more nervous than ET2s…