Sunday, October 14, 2007

Date AND Die

Anyone remember this? Well rest assured, that nonsense is long over. xTian is back in full effect. Here's how it went down

I'm at brunch yesterday with some family and I get a call. I take it.

"hey"
"Oh hey, what's up"
"remember when you made that joke one morning about all my male friends being in love with me?"
"sure"
"well, you were right. is totally in love with me"
"interesting"
"He told me Wednesday and we had a long talk about it last night. This is only interesting because I have had intense feelings for him..."

At this point I tune her out and step away from the table so my aunt cannot press me on why I am flush white. I step out side into the second proper autumn day of the year. The nip in the air warming the cold streak that just ran down my back.

"interesting"
"I wanted you to know"
"apparently interesting is what I say when I have no idea what the f*ck else to say."
"right...I really like you I want to be friends"
"right, we should go for coffee next week and...wow...that was going to end very harshly"
"that's ok. I'm sure you will at some point want to say something and you should feel free to call me and do that"
"Sure...I'll call you tomorrow"

I delete her phone number the second I am off the phone. I make smoke with the cold air and my breathe. i stick my hands in my pockets and hang out with my family for the next 10 hours and about 10 minutes in I realize nothing is wrong and I'm completely fine. Just eight hours earlier, around 3am, I was walking through washington square park with Sparkes telling him about her positive attributes but not being terribly convincing at least not to me. Ah well....

Having said all that...Date or Die is back on! Watch out! I'm just getting started....