Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Sort of Conversation One Never Expects to Have

On Wednesday, I was scurrying to and fro in NJ...visiting clients, hitting the Trader Joes and dropping off late birthday gifts for my godson.

In the midst of all this activity, I received a call from my friend, and she's all like, "what are you up to?"

"not a whole lot...in Jersey stuck in traffic"

"What about tonight?"

"I dunno"

"We're going to a show, we're going to see Pieces (of Ass) and my friend J is going to be there"

A few hours later, I was standing outside the theater, waiting for my friend and her friend who I may or may not being set up with. Its hard to determine but I think is one of those open ended things that could go either way. Whatever...

We all meet up, I notice that the girl I had spent the last 10 minutes staring at is actually the girl I was meant to meet. This bode well.

Of course, it’s all up to the execution right…

The show itself was fine. It’s about chicks complaining about how hot they are. Btw, is there anything more potentially annoying than hot chicks complaining about being hot? Baby, try being a “non-traditionally” handsome man with a great personality…you can’t get much worse than that. Your life is like this…you walk around living your life and beautiful women love hanging around with you especially when they have just recently been done dirty. They hang out use me for my wit, charm and grace and then just as they find their confidence and I make my move, it’s like a look of horror…then its pity “you poor boy, you actually think I would sleep with you? No, not now…not ever”
That sucks….pretty girls could blow me with their complaining complaints…

But I digress…

Afterwards, we all head to my apt. She offers to spice it up with her own sense of style. Looking her over, I note her sun dress and fishnet combo. I tentatively agree but know that I am going to need to have veto power on any of her decisions. Her idea though is promising…this bodes well…

As we’re walking to Pastis for a late (late) dinner. We see your friend and mine, Jon Bon Jovi walking out. My vaguely JAPy, vaguely bohemian friend immediately pipes up and is all like

“hello jon, how are you?”

“I don’t think I know you”

“sure you do, we’ve met…” Then a somewhat exhaustive list of parties, event, and high profile shin-digs falls out of her mouth. All the while his face goes from slightly amused to perturbed. The woman he is with is luckily still amused.

“Is she stalking me…” He’s looking at me now, like I’m supposed to know something…I don’t at least not anything I’m will to share

“Oh screw you” She’s pointing and raising her voice and occasionally pointing. She’s babble and finishes with “I don’t like your music anyway”

Of course we did not get to go into the restaurant so we went up the street and did not really discuss it any further…