Sunday, March 06, 2005

Outdated Movie Review: "Ray"

Evil

"Ray" is a movie about the early life of Ray Charles, who apparently is some handicapped dude who played the piano and sang. I've heard a few people describe "Ray" as in inspiring story, but I just don't see it. I mean, yeah, Ray Charles had this crazy limp, but that doesn't really make piano playing and singing all that tough.

Story aside, Jamie Foxx's interpretation of Ray Charles is difficult to fathom. Instead of feeling like I was watching Ray Charles, I felt like I was watching Adam Sandler doing a Ray Charles impersonation. What was with that mumbly, slurry speech? Was this Water Boy? Happy Gilmore? Little Nicky?

There was one bright spot in the movie though: Kerry Washington, who played Ray Charles's wife. She made me want to lose my pants.