Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Manolo Goes On Another Date

I have a friend at work that is really smoking hot. In my business, the women usually are...

I was regaling my coworkers last week with stories from my last date (come on, who the heck doens't believe in evolution?) when she told me about a friend who she wanted to set me up with who was a lot of fun and "believed in evolution". At first I wasn’t interested since I am not a big fan of blind dates (this was my second...the last one involved a Jewish girl and the search for a chinese KOSHER restaurant in the Upper West Side of NYC) but then I figured, “Hot girls usually hang out with hot girls…if her friend is half as hot as he is, then there’s nothing to worry about.”

We agreed to meet at a bar. I get there early and was having a few beers when a midget walked in. I tried not to stare, but the midget was walking in my direction. I then giggled a bit because I started reminiscing about old 3 AM drunk conversations I had back in school (Casa Latina) involving midget tossing.

Anyways, she sat down right next to me, and we began chatting. That’s when I found out she was my date. Things were going pretty well, and feeling comfortable enough, I decided to ask her what it’s like to be a midget. She gave me funny look and then proceeded to knock me off my bar stool (shout out to John-El...inside story!). She then kicked me with her tiny feet as she screamed, “I am not a midget, you asshole! I’m a little person.”

A few bouncers surrounded us, but they decided to watch and laugh for a couple of minutes before they pulled the "little person" off me. The bartender, who was FULLY hot, felt bad and offered to get me drunk for free. It was a really embarrassing night, but at least I learned that a) literally, she was half as hot and b) midgets have feelings too.