Sunday, March 06, 2005

Outdated Movie Review: The Motorcycle Diaries

Evil



In The Motorcycle Diaries, Gael Garcia Bernal (above) reprises his role as the impressionable gay youngster from the homoerotic thriller, Y Tu Mama Tambien. This movie is about a nubile young man and an older, experienced man who ride 8000 km through South America on a motorcycle.

Before watching this movie, I thought it was going to be like Easy Rider -- a kick ass movie about kick ass manly dudes -- except in Spanish. DUDE, was I wrong. First of all, these two guys didn't have their own motorcycles. Instead, they rode through South America while sharing the same bike: one guy's groin pressed to the other guy's ass... all while the motorcycle was vibrating vigorously upon the rocky terrain.

Unlike Y Tu Mama Tambien, this movie didn't involve any man-woman screwing in an attempt to hide its gayness. Let me tell you, my friends, this movie is full-on GAY.

And on a somewhat unrelated note (and I don't mean to get all political on you)... the two homos in this movie traveled from Argentina to Venezuela, so those countries and the ones en-route (Peru, Colombia) got prominent mention... Oh wait, they left out Ecuador. What happened to Ecuador? Is it a second-tier South American country? I guess it's sort of like if I were traveling from Miami from Boston, I wouldn't bother to mention anything that happens in New Jersey.

BTW- I am so smashed right now.