Thursday, June 10, 2004

Evil

NOT AN OUTDATED MOVIE REVIEW -- Garden State

I caught an advanced screening of Garden State earlier this week. The movie stars Natalie Portman, who -- I am disappointed to report -- looks a bit older and a lot less space-er-iffic than the last time I saw her. Why can't 14 year old girls remain 14 forever? Oh wait, forget I said that last part. Anyway, the movie also stars some other dude, whose character grew up in New Jersey, which means that his character was basically unbearable. I mean, popping anti-depressants, moping around, bouncing around Hollywood doing various acting gigs. Why can't that guy just get a cushy job at Morgan Stanley and drive around in an Audi? That's clearly the thing to do.

Back to Natalie Portman. She was great. Greater than great. Her character is some spazz. They used a medical term to describe it. Eppilepstick. Something like that. She was so spazzy, she needed to wear a helmet on a day to day basis. I thought that was great. Natalie Portman looks cute in a helmet. And besides that, she did a great job with the character because the character could have easily been one annoying chick, but as it turned out, what might have been annoying turns out to be endearing.

To be honest, I don't remember much about the movie. I'm a bad movie watcher that way. It did have a prominent soundtrack tho. Too prominent. Every other scene cut away to some "emo" track. I mean, wasn't Kid A so 5 years ago?

Did I have a point? Clearly not. I am just trying to up my word count! HAH!