Wednesday, December 17, 2003

conversations I witness

The Bumpasaurus: Is [random comic book title] any good?
Comic Book Girl: I hear it is, but i'm a preacher's daughter
Bump; huh?
CBG: I'm a preacher's daughter and I can't get behind curse words every other dialogue box.
Bump: oh...umm..ok
CBG: 'scuse me for just one second
[CBG goes off and rings something off, Pacey, looks over at me browsing some trade paperbacks and goes back to reviewing his subscription form or something]
CBG: oh, so I haven't finished my story..
Bump: Story?
CBG: 'bout my dad, so he's a minister but the funny part is I was excommunicated...but it's wierd right because I'm not a bad girl, I'm actually a good girl and its wierd that I would be excommunicated [Bump looks over at me and I sign that I'm ready to go. He presents his stack of comics for her to ring up]
I mean I dunno, him and my mom got divorced and what not but still, I never really got a clear reason for why I [Bump walks over to me and brings me back over so we can clearly communicate that we are waiting for her and then will leave...he clearly wants her to end her story] It was wierd. I got a letter in the mail and everything.
Bump: what faith is that?
CBG: Lutheran
Bump: oh...umm...figures...
CBG: 'scuse me [grabs the stack of comics to ring up]. Ugh, I am so sore I can't reach or bend over anymore, I'm still sore from last night...
Bump: [i didn't see it but I assume he gave her the arched eyebrow. I covet the lil' bast*rds forehead dexterity]
CBG:have y'all seen Return of the King yet?
Bump: yeah...earlier
CBG: Don't tell me 'bout it. Normally I like going to the midnight showing...but I can't because I am workin a second job at UPS at nights.
Bump: oh how's that? things must be going crazy
CBG: Yeah, sorta i am supposed to be doing 460 packages a night but I can only do about 3...
Bump: Hey, take care...have a good holiday season

As we leave the shop, Bump turns and asks "did you notice me walking over to you three times." I admitted i was too distracted by the wierdness. I asked if he was her therapist or something?
Bump: It can't be a real religion if they let ministers have kids
me: [shrug]