Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Evil
OUTDATED MOVIE REVIEW

I caught Sofia Coppola's film --Lost in Translation-- over the weekend. The movie posters show Bill Murray sitting on a bed. He's wearing a robe and bath slippers. Someone really missed the boat on marketing this film. The female lead, Scarlett Johansson is a HOT piece of ass. And I mean that literally. The film opens with an tight shot of her tight ass in see-thru panties. A good 60 seconds of ass camera work.

The thing about this movie is that I had a hell of a time keeping my hands out of my pants. Not only that, I had to really fight off the urge to give myself a happy ending right there in the theater. Hey, it's dark right? But anyway, I'm pretty sure this has something to do with female directors. They pace a movie differently than male directors. They build up tension very differently. I felt very manipulated (emotionally, that is) several times during the movie, including at the end. The tension of this movie reminds me of The Piano, which was directed by Jane Campion. The cinematography couldn't be more different between the two but the emotional ebb and flows are the same. Hey, I worked in the word "flow" while discussing a female issue. Woooo!

Anyway, all this analysis makes me want to do something pants-less. Please excuse me. Laters...