Sunday, August 17, 2003

Good to be Home
For those of you who don't know, I have been laying low in O-Town for the last few days because its nice and hot and muggy down here and I needed to compress my entire summer into one week (its technically winter in Brazil where I was all summer so really I missed out on summer. Does that sentence make sense?)

Yesterday, for kicks, my mom threw in some home video from the mid eighties, in between making fun of my mom's hair style I slid in that I resembled something not unlike an ewok (just so no one would be mad at me for making fun of their hair). Of course, then my mother blew across the screen in something that might best be described as a silver jumpsuit and a rather intense perm. My brother commented that she also belonged some where far far away, battling the empire.

Before anyone got popped in the face for having a smart lip I went off to the outlet stores and did some shopping.
Purchases included

Assorted work out gear
Red Fitted short sleeved shirt
Linen Pants
2 containers of Body Wash

My mother looking over the spoils of my shopping victory quickly asked where the blue ascot was.

Good times....

How Old Are these People

Watch With Kristen today told me that the ratings for The O.C. though strong, were probably not where they should be. Which bummed me out because I think its a great show staring the guy with the scary eye brows, the guy who played Dave Rygaski (the asian fetishist, christian guitar rocker on Gilmore Girls) and assorted actors who look to old to be in high school. Check these people out.



Lets be serious are these actors who play Ryan and Marissa, respectively, really supposed to be in High School. Now before you all hit the IMDB and tell me that Mischa Baron's entry says she was born in 1986, let me just say, I know and I checked. But one should also note that she was born in England, which would probably make her British and everyone knows that Brits age quicker than most (Nigella Lawson aside). Anyway, I no longer remember my point except these people don't look like high schoolers, still the show rocks hard.

In addition to the O.C. I will be adding either Jake 2.0 or Tru Calling ( I haven't seen either yet, but one or both will be worth watching) as shows i will actually try to watch (as opposed to shows I just say I watch, I'm looking at you West Wing and you too Six Feet Under) in addition to my old standbys of Angel, Gilmore Girls and Alias.