Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Manolo's Anger Management - Step 1


Watching Manolo implode these last few weeks has been hard. If we didn't live in cyberspace I'd suggest hosting an intervention - except I'm certain he would punch me, and maybe even break a bottle over my head. So, tonight I begin a new series to help Manolo with his anger issues -Manolo's Road to Recovery: A 4-Step Program.


Step 1 - The Countdown


This step is so easy even an angry child could do it, which is why I'm hopeful Manolo can as well. When confronted with something that makes you angry, like getting kicked off a blog because you suck, count. Count backwards, from 20, slowly, taking deep breaths. When you get to 1, you won't even remember why you were counting. I'm not sure how good you are with numbers (you clearly struggle with letters a bit), so I've created a cheat sheet for you. Just print this off, put it in your wallet, and you'll be on your way to managing your anger.


20.

19.

18.

17.

16.

15.

14.

13.

12.

11.

10.

9.

8.

7.

6.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.


Good luck Manolo! We're behind you 100%