Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fits of Fancy

Several days ago, Catjjy wrote something ominous on my facebook wall.

“I am scheming”

I had no idea what that meant. It bugged me a bit so I asked her.

“Oh I just want to introduce you to this girl. I don’t know her or anything but I know her sister. Her sister is awesome. I might introduce both you and Le Troisieme to her and see what happens”

I was a bit concerned. What was the upside of introducing both xtian and le troisieme to this woman. Le Troisieme is my brother and we get along famously. It’s doubtful that a woman who was interested in Le Troisieme would be interested in me. Regardless, I was interested, even more so after I got some key details on the woman in question.

  • She has one of those jobs that indicates she is more interested in helping people than she is in making money. That’s interesting to me, she is mostly likely not that superficial. I can appreciate that.

  • Her facebook picture revealed she was at least very attractive if not outright gorgeous

  • She drives a mini (sigh)

  • Huffingtonpost.com listed her address and how much she donated to the Obama campaign

Right, there was no way she would click with Le Troisieme, and no way he would be interested in her (bullet 2 aside, of course)

I spent the rest of my morning playing out a scenario in my head where I would meet this woman and charm her with my wit. Further she would be enamored with my hair. We would live in the mansion she inherited from her dead grandmother. In the mornings, I would be awoken by her playing with my luxurious hair. I would cook in the big kitchen. On Sundays in the spring we would read the NY Times in the park. I would walk around generally being really proud of myself.

I have no even met this woman yet, but somehow I imagine that our children will be striking…

Then it was about 1pm and I went back to work.