Thursday, May 22, 2008

Like a Billion Dollar$

I decided to walk home from work tonight, which includes a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge. Not long after getting on the bridge I saw a security detail ahead of me, walking at a pathetic pace. In between the muscled shoulders of the security folks I saw the diminutive head of our mayor. Our billionaire mayor. I don't have much patience for slow walkers, let alone slow walking billionaires. How do you get rich lollygagging around? So I checked the bike lane, then stepped around to pass this lazy crowd. And then it happened. As I tried to shoulder my way past without getting hit by a bike, or tackled by the security detail, Mike Moneybags' allergies caught up with him, he turned his head left to save his female slow-walking partner the indignity of catching a Bloomburger in the face, and sneezed on me instead. A full on, wet, allergy induced Bloomburger.

"God bless you"
"Thank you"

And so passed my first ever conversation with a billionaire.