Saturday, May 24, 2008

Experts Agree!

Last week, I noticed I desperately needed a haircut. Normally, I would venture over to Astor Place, where I would read a comic, just purchased at Forbidden Planet, as I waited around for Ledo to free up and do some damage.

That Saturday however, I was pressed for time so I just went down the street and had someone more local cut my hair.

She took a preposterously long time to get it done, given that she hardly cut anything at all. She also charged more than Ledo, and her breathe smelled like cheetos ( I could not figure out if that was a plus or a minus).

She will forever be my friend for one reason. At one point she stopped cutting, turned to the woman next to her and pointed out in Spanish "this guy has great hair"

This conversation carried for a bit, in Spanish. Both women agreeing my hair was awesome. I could not keep from laughing. Eventually it dawned on them that I could understand them.

"Yes, your hair. It's very nice. You should be proud"

I agreed. I should be proud. More than anything, I was emboldened. I faced the week that came with a renewed vigor and pride. No one could stop me. I was in the mood to take what I wanted at all times.

So Friday when I relayed this story to Et #2 and she agreed there was really only place to go. I licked her face.