Friday, September 12, 2008

Date or Die: xTian vs. Jesus

It's finally happened. My interests and those of my lord are savior Jesus Christ are no longer aligned. Two ships in the night. Peace brother, I love you.

I am too good at what I do. Standing on the street at a little before 1am in a warm sweat, I thought to myself
"This sort of thing just does not happen to me"

It really doesn't. I don't get this far and don't get to close the deal. I am really good at what I do. This doesn't happen to me...unless of course I am getting c*ckbl*ck*ed by a higher power. Thus the start of my feud with the Lord.

I am cranking on all cylinders with this girl. In fact, a few hours earlier, in the middle of our second date, she accused me of being disingenuous, because I seemed to say everything she wanted to hear just when she wanted to hear. It was so perfect. She did not believe. My reaction, outright laughter, was my first misstep in two dates. But even a misstep, so well timed, that it came exactly when she needed, even this she found fishy. I hate being challenged. However, I grinned and bore it. I did not lose my cool. There are far worse crimes than saying the right thing.

When I kissed her on the street she was into it, and slightly lost herself. Only regaining composure when the hem of her skirt found its way north of her bottom. We were standing in the street, desolate as it was.

I went back in, the gentle chastising leaving me unsure what to do with my hands. She laughed at this. The humor was not lost on me. Smiling, I hailed a taxi.

Outside her apartment we were still acting school aged. Heading towards the elevator I nearly knocked over a woman exiting with her bicycle.

At her door, she thanked me for a lovely evening. I laughed again as I drifted in.

She got more assertive but in an affectionate way. Since I had met her she made it clear that she was a good girl. Laughing, I moved towards the door. She held firm.

As I left I invited her out the following evening. She reminded me of some commitment and I realized her faith was something she took seriously.

xTian vs. Jesus, it was bound to happen.