Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why Mamacita is Crabby (Example #1)

Usually, I believe that attending college was a smart move. Yes, it amounted to hundreds of thousands of dollars that is still taking years to pay off, but for the most part, I like to think that the years and dollars were worthwhile.

What really agitates me is when people ask me a question, and I don't know the answer, and they say "What?! You went to ABC University?!" like the fact that I went to ABC means that I ought to know everything about every possible topic.

This happened to me today as I got into an argument with a subordinate about whether a gallon of oil weighs more than a gallon of water. Subordinate tried to use the argument that "a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of gold" and I pointed out that we weren’t talking about weight, we were talking about volume. So, a soda bottle filled with sand would weigh more than soda bottle full of milk.

At some point, Subordinate would not finish the debate, and his comment still stung me. Being the tenacious pitbull that I am, I furiously searched Google, but was unable to find substantial backup on this.

Can someone help? Or, am I really a crabby person who was wrong today?