Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Manolo’s Lady Friend Runs Away…

When I first moved to Miami back in 2002-2003, I was trying really hard to make new friends, mainly of the female variety. I knew it wouldn’t be easy to replace my dear friends from NYC (does anyone remember Vielka?) but I had to at least try. I was going out every day to a multitude of events (book readings, community service, strip clubs, the Home Depot). I eventually met a very beautiful young lady named Janet* (*name has been changed to protect the innocent) who lived in Tampa but was spending an inordinate amount of time in Miami which meant that we saw each other pretty often. She could have easily graced the pages of Victoria Secret. She was tall, slim, long dark hair, with greenish/blue eyes, with long legs that led to curves that did not quit, and exquisite breasts.

The thing is that when you have the world in your hands, you crave more. I kept telling myself why settle down with technically one of the first girls I met when it seemed Miami was ripe for the picking. One night she initiated the “talk.” I kept my emotional distance and didn’t make the commitment this girl obviously wanted. The next day, this young lady just stopped returning my calls or responding to my emails. I tried calling and in fact left messages a couple of times, all to no avail. A few months later, the cell phone and home number I had were no longer in service. A few months later, I officially took her off from my phone book.

The seasons change (actually, not that much in Miami as is always summer here) as time passes and now we fast forward to a week ago. Isn’t this whole thing too predictable? Guess who contacted me via MSN messenger. It was my dear old friend Janet who just wanted to say hello.

We of course have been talking ever since and she has updated me in her life for the past few years. You see, it seems that just a few short days after we had our talk, she met some guy and LITERALLY ran away with the CIRCUS. She spent the last three-four years traveling all over the world with CIRQUE DU SOLEIL. She has sent me pictures with her in front of all sorts of touristy places in Asia, Europe, and America. She must have seen at least 15-20 countries in the last three years.

I am happy to hear all this and I believe it makes me unique and in fact, may actually enhance my masculinity. You see, a heart broken by a man has lead a few women to completely hate/despise men and actually has turn a few into full-blown lesbians. I actually drove a woman to join the circus. How cool is that?

By the way, if anyone wants VIP tickets for their show in Las Vegas, let me know!