Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tales from the Path: Projectile Sneezing

The women next to me screaming and jumping up and down tipped me off to the fact that something was amiss.

20 seconds prior to the shrieking, the fellow seated across from me and one seat over on the path sneezed. I had been focusing on him to keep from falling asleep. I had just come back from my group holiday party and a little drunk. Focusing on said fellow was easy enough. He was half asleep/dozing offt himself but still managing to twitch his nose like there was cat hair nearby and he was allergic. When he sneezed I turned away, it was not in my direction so I was generally ok. I did here a small splat so I assumed loogie...ew...what actually happened was much worse.

Looking down on the floor I saw something reddish....and looking over at the now screaming women I noticed they have the same reddish stuff all over them as well, and then, right at that moment I knew why they were shrieking...this fool HAD VOMITED ON THEM. OMG!

Now we are all huddled on one side of the path, cover our mouths and noses to avoid the acidic smell of 1/3 digested food. The man in question was slumped over, asleep after monopolizing his second shot all to himself, more specifically aiming it right for his lap.

One woman (reasonably attractive) grabs a personal package of tissues from her purse to clean herself off, good samaritan that I am, I grab one and help her. Her friend grabs one as well and hands it over to the slumped man, nudging him awake with it

"Hey, that was mine I was going to use that on this chick's chest...where are your manners" I shout in my inner monologue.

The train comes to a stop and I am running off like i had just vomitted. Above ground the sneezer comments to his friend that it was pretty obvious that no one no that train was a "fan of his"....