Saturday, April 05, 2008

Our Friend Algorithm



I clicked through the comment section of the latest poll results (sorry Manolo) - and what did I see - an advertisement for Russian ladies. Russian ladies looking for marriage. I figured I should support the sites that support The Hose, so I visited Anastasia Internationals. It turns out they are the "fastest way to reach thousands of Russian ladies". Normally I hate superlatives, but in this case it was really comforting to know I wasn't wasting my time on one of the slow ways to meet Russian ladies.
We all know that algorithms don't lie, they predict. Since I'm engaged, our friend Algorithm must be predicting that either Evil or X-tian (but probably both) are into this sort of thing. I happen to believe Algorithm is right about this, which is why I want to call dibs on Marina (yes I'm engaged, but you just never know.) My guess is that collectively X-tian and Evil have spent a lifetime suffering through poorly made vodka drinks at Pravda - widely regarded as one of the slowest ways to meet Russian ladies in NYC. Once they get clued into the fastest way it might be game over, and I think they will likely be into Marina as well. But I've got dibs now. She is "fond of life" and thinks it (life?) is her favorite hobby. I had never thought of it this way, but it turns out life is also one of my favorite hobbies. We are also both Scorpios, so we're pretty much made for each other.
Anyway - there are plenty of other lovely Russian ladies to choose from on Anastasia's site. Evil, X-tian - any catch your eye yet?