Friday, May 19, 2006

The State of the Hose - Year 3

How we got here
Three Years! Wow! Can you imagine? What started so innocently as a journal of my time in Brazil is still going strong? I love this blog - its so core to who we are.

Every so often I get in trouble on this blog. I'm pretty sure the recent posts on Miami will not go over well with some. But I have to be true to my muse. It's too bad that my muse is my limitations as a man. It is what it is. I remember last fall when Jazzy called me in a huff because some quarters were getting on him for a relatively innocent comment in a very long post. Lets get some perspective. I'm carrying around a drunk/high med school student thru a White Castle filled with Transvetites at 3 in the morning and we're about Jazzy?!? Hello, cry for help! Someone stop me from myself!

And that's what we're about here. The life and times of some amusing, but limited people. Yeah, there is a scattershot approach here and sometimes random passerbys get smudged. But really, no one comes off worse than the lovable losers who write this stuff. I mean lets be serious, xtian and manolo in Miami...it always plays out poorly...this time we just have more guest stars...

Jon-El once pointed out to me that regardless of what I say about who, its obvious that it comes from a place of love. We take these people and tell their stories not because we judge them harshly but because we think they're so great that we feel compelled to love them in public (though anonymously). It's an interesting idea. I like it.

The Team
I have to shout Evil for carry the standard, for posting every day, for being the Jeter of the team for doing all the little things to make sure we succeed

I have to compliment Manolo for being the big bat in the middle of the line up (to go with the big bat he shoves up his ass), for seeing a stinky pile of doodoo and jumping right in.

Much love to the bumpasaurus. He's an a**hole - its core to his charm...He doesn't post enough...

Fans
It's all about the fans, The Fastidious 40. The core group that logs in all the time and have been with us from the start. The guys that send me disappointed emails about too much Evil and not enough xTian. The ones that always challenge us to be better. The ones that read our blogs just so we can read their inferior blogs. I love you all. And I love the ideas

One recent email suggested a Queer Pool, a variation on the Death Pool, where fans vote which contributor to the Hose will come out of the closet first. You can't top that...

The Next Generation
Are you guys reading this blog? It's the most bravely honest thing since the Anti Life was in full gear 2 summers ago.

You guys should check it out...

OUT