Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hips Don't Lie

I have been driving thru central jersey the last few days for work. I like these hour long drives because I get to listen to crappy radio stations. At home, one can't rationalize listening to crappy radio any more. It just doesn't happen. So radio stations have customized themselves to deal with commuters who are in the car a litle under 30 minutes at a pop and need their. It's why radio stations like z100 have 4 songs on their play list.

But I don't spend any time listening to that, I'm not schizo enough to process listening to Kelly Clarkson, 3-6 Mafia and Shakira in a row. It's just too much...even though I love "poppin my collar" while driving.

What I do love is listening to two completely different radio stations

Jack FM

While listening to Jack (a bunch of Journey, Billy Joel, Meatloaf, and like Mettalica back to back to). I get happy. I don't know why "Don't stop believin" makes me happy but it does. It makes me want to not stop believing. I roll up the windows (so no one can hear) and sing "Paradise by a dashboard light" (male and female parts in the same falsetto) (WOOOOOOOO!)

After watching the first couple of episodes of the Sopranos (especially where he was in the coma and Carmela was playing CDs for him) I feel like Jack FM was designed for anybody who ever rode around in a car thru NJ in 1982. Anybody who does not know the words to "Rosalita" just might not get it.

102.7 Classic Dance Mix

I imagine that whatever is going on at the RawHide Saloon (17th and 8th), its being done with this station playing over the loud speaker. I'm a total queer for music by le Chiq and other late seventies Disco. Barry White was almost ruined for me by that stupid show with the skinny soundtrack but almost is not actually. So yesterday I was threw my voice in a baritone (which sounds remarkably close to my falsetto) and sang along to that too..

Damn i love driving!

Btw, I can't get "Hips Don't Lie" out of head. Also I want to bang Shakira (still).
Checkout this video. Not the fans only version the other one